Ah, spring! Warmer weather, skin-baring shorts, and bathing suit season will soon be upon us once again! If you are like me and the thought of coming out from beneath your baggy cold-weather sweaters is making you break out in a cold sweat, relax! We still have plenty of time to look our best before sundress season arrives.
What should you do to start a spring diet clean up?
1. Research Nutrition
- Before you go out trying to find a nutritious diet based on your gut feelings, you should research the topic and find information about many different foods. It is of utmost importance to start slowly and introduce a healthier diet in steps so that you do not feel like this diet is something that you can never accomplish. Begin by eating more servings of fruits and vegetables each day. They are very easy to purchase and can cause a complete change in the energy you have and how you feel from your diet. Another big step in a healthy nutrition plan involves listening to your body.
2. When to Eat
- You might be wondering when you should eat in your nutrition plan. The main thing to remember is to listen to your body. If it tells you that you are hungry, then you should probably eat. This does not mean that you should continue to snack on junk food and other things detrimental to your health just because you are hungry. Maybe you will eat a low fat yogurt or a bag full of blueberries.
- Drinking water and teas is a perfect way to cleanse and hydrate the system. When drinking clean water, add a splash of lemon to stimulate the liver. Different teas have different cleansing properties. Try creating your own drink elixir!
3. No “One Size Fits All” Healthy Nutrition Plan
- One key thing that should always be on your mind is that there are many ways to achieve the nutrition that you seek. You do not have to do the exact same thing as any other person, and there are many avenues available to achieve your goal. I try to always find new ways to stay healthy and eat foods that will benefit me for years to come.
4. Stay With It
- Please do not give up on your healthy nutrition plan. It might require you to give up some foods and work hard to make good choices, but you will be glad that you did it. Never stray from the goals you have set for yourself and try new things everyday. Once your healthy nutrition plan becomes second nature, you can go on to help other people start their own. The possibilities are endless when it comes to healthy nutrition.
There are many ways to experience health and nutrition in a favorable way. Along with healthy nutrition, try pampering your body too, get plenty of rest and while on a detox take it easy in the gym. If you spring clean your home, why not spring clean your diet at the same time!!